Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's been awhile...

Crazy how time just gets away from us sometimes. A lot has been happening around here physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Physically... Taylor was sick all last week with Bronchiolitis (different from Bronchitis) so I was pretty occupied snuggling and trying to make her as comfortable as possible. In the process I got a pretty yucky cold. So between the two of us being sick, not much got done around here. Thankfully Trav didn't catch it, which he somehow always manages to do.

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good. I have had some issues with back aches and my neck being sore, but I went to the chiropractor and it hasn't been as bad since. My skin is finally starting to clear up which has been SO nice! I definitely have a nice little bump going, and I think I have maybe even felt the baby move a few times. I can't wait till I can feel him or her everyday! I have my 16 week appointment scheduled for this Friday so hopefully everything will look good still. I also scheduled my 20 ultrasound for March 18! So just a little over a month till we find out what we are having and whether or not this baby has cleft. It will be a big, nerve wracking day either way! Thankfully it's in the morning so I won't have to go through my whole day being nervous!

Mentally... I have been thinking a lot lately about how to make our house run smoother and how I can be a better mother and wife.

House. I want to get on a cleaning schedule, which I have tried before and failed, but I'm hoping this time it will stick. I read on Time-Warp-Wife's blog about having a cleaning schedule and I like the idea of it. You can read the article at her blog at www.time-warp-wife.blogspot.com. I will probably tweek her schedule a little bit but I like the idea that the house is deep cleaned every week. We'll see how it goes.

Mother. I have been trying to give more attention to Taylor and actually sit and play with her and read to her throughout the day. She had a speech eval a couple weeks ago and is behind in her speech so I want to really focus on working on her speech. She has also started to throw fits more so we are going to start doing time outs when her behavior is unacceptable. Third, she has started to become somewhat of a picky eater so we are cracking down on meals. Before we would give her her drink or a snack in the living room, but now all eating and drinking is done in her high chair in the kitchen so she will hopefully start to associate definite meal times so she's not snacking as much during the day and will hopefully eat her meals better.

Wife. I am going to be working on being a better wife to Trav. We both need to better to each other so I hope that with each other's help we can take our relationship and marriage to a place of greater respect and affirmation.

Emotionally... With all that has been going on I have felt a little drained emotionally, but hopefully by implementing these new ideas that will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment